some days last longer than others



turn the gentle spiral
feel you breathe
Friday, June 25, 2004 12:59 AM

I have always felt that the most beautiful photos are those taken in the moment, like the one I have here. In some sense, they are no longer just photos in essence. They are moments. Moments I live for...


I remembered smiling to myself that day as I watched them play. Their excitement was contagious and their curiosity was kinda cute.

"What's your name? What's your name?" Their interest was rather amusing and they made me feel like I was a kid all over again, making friends with all the other kids at the playground. I wonder if they still remember my name. I have to admit I could only remember a couple of names. Thankfully, I'm able to match their names to their faces. There's Natalie, Florentina and Enya... If only I had more time, I believed I would have made the effort to remember more.

It was really funny how they used the excuse of entertaining us as they played soccer and frisbee with us just so they don't have to go back to class. Playfulness is universal among children, I'd do the same. Haha. Well, before they left, I gave them the keychains I brought along from home. I felt good to be able to share a piece of Singapore with them. Unfortunately, I had just 3 keychains, so well... just hope they are sharing it out among themselves. We had much fun that day. I guess the sentiment is that it would have been fantastic if we could spend a little more time there.

What happened the next day made the visit there even more fulfilling. A Friday and we had a little free time to do a little shopping. Somehow, could be fate, I made the decision to turn back towards Manor and it was then when sheepishly, a few young girls came up to us to say hi. Yup, that's right. It was the same girls we met from the school. They have yet to learn English, so it was a just a hi and we stood there just grinning at each other. But you know what, it's the smiles... They say it all...

Hmmm...yeah, the smiles...they say it all...

Comments: Post a Comment
 

0 comments


"existential ennui"


now playing
-

faverave
benjamin
char
cody
hj
hy
kei
lin
mf
pei ying
sinilianz
steph
wen
xihao


best viewed in 1024 x 768
background image taken on kangaroo island, adelaide june 2007

This page is powered by Blogger.